Aerodynamic Analysis and Design
F/A-18 store separation wing tunnel testing
Aerodynamic analysis tools have included MISSILE DATCOM, NSWC, HyperCFD, Aerowindtunnel, AeroCp, AeroCFD and FinSim.
This software based aerodynamic design process is applied in conjunction with extensive practical experience in wind tunnel testing and flight testing.
Past wind tunnel test experience has included stores separation test programs, missile aerodynamics assessments, and flow visualisation studies using Schlieren, wool tuft and smoke flow methods for the Australian Defence Force.
In addition several aerodynamic investigation programs have been undertaken for non-Defence customers involving aerodynamic noise and vibration problems associated with helicopter-towed systems.
Aerospace Sciences has also undertaken a study into heavy vehicles (interstate trucks) aerodynamics to improvement fuel efficiency.
Mk82 GP store oil flow visualisation
- Mk82GP store freestream aerodynamics investigation – F-111C AUP project
- Explorer and Trainer UAS aerodynamic design and stability analysis
- DSTO/AFRL HIFiRE 5 Risk Hazard Assessment – Launch vehicle aerodynamics analysis
- Feasibility trade studies – Airship and auto-gyro platforms performance analysis
- Javelin missile safety template verification – missile aerodynamics analysis
- Ausroc II and II-2 – sounding rocket aerodynamic and stability analysis
- Ausroc III – sounding rocket supersonic aerodynamic analysis and design
Mk82 GP store at high angle of attack
Sounding rocket at Mach 2.8
Call us for all your aerospace engineering needs: